Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Anaesthesia & Intensive Care Medicine
International Association for the Study of Pain. Definitions of chronic pain syndromes. https://www.iasp-pain.org/advocacy/definitions-of-chronic-pain-syndromes/ (accessed February 2022).
- Chronic pain as a symptom or a disease: the IASP classification of chronic pain for the international classification of diseases (ICD-11).Pain. 2019; 160: 19-27
- Visceral pain: the importance of pain management services.Br J Pain. 2013; 7: 6-7
- Visceral pain – the ins and outs, the ups and downs.Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. 2012; 6: 17-26
- Visceral pain.Anaesth Intensive Care Med. 2019; 20: 550-554
- Visceral pain: the neurophysiological mechanism.Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2009; 194: 31-74
- Visceral pain.Anaesth Pain Intensive Care. 2005; 10 (38-35)
- Drug management of visceral pain: concepts from basic research.Pain Res Treat. 2012; : 265605
Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Royal College of Anaesthetists. Opioids aware: a resource for patients and healthcare professionals to support prescribing of opioid medicines for pain. https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/faculty-of-pain-medicine/opioids-aware (accessed February 2022).
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Chronic pain (primary and secondary) in over 16s: assessment of all chronic pain and management of chronic primary pain. NG193. 2021. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng193 (accessed February 2022).
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Neuropathic pain in adults: pharmacological management in non-specialist settings. CG173. 2013, updated 2020. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg173 (accessed February 2022).
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain of neuropathic or ischaemic origin. TA159. 2008. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta159 (accessed February 2022).