Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Anaesthesia & Intensive Care Medicine
- The rise and fall of the dolorimeter: pain, analgesics, and the management of subjectivity in mid-twentieth-century United States.J Hist Med Allied Sci. 2011; 66: 145-179
- Experimental pharmacology and measurement of the subjective response.Science. 1952; 116: 157-162
- The Revised International Association for the Study of Pain definition of pain: concepts, challenges, and compromises.Pain. 2020; 161: 1976-1982
- Sensory, motivation, and central control determinants of pain: a new conceptual model.in: Kenshalo D.R. The Skin Senses. Thomas, Springfield IL1968: 423-443
- Core outcome domains for chronic pain clinical trials: IMMPACT recommendations.Pain. 2003; 106: 337-345
- The S-LANNS Score “The S-LANSS score for identifying pain of predominantly neuropathic origin: Validation for use in clinical and postal research”.J Pain. 2005; 6: 149-158
- Comparison of pain syndromes associated with nervous or somatic lesions and development of a new neuropathic pain diagnostic questionnaire (DN4).Pain. 2005; 114: 29-36
- Investigating the validity of the DN4 in a consecutive population of patients with chronic pain.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0187961
- Neurology development and preliminary validation of a pain measure specific to neuropathic pain: the Neuropathic Pain Scale..Neurology. 1997; 48: 332-338
- Welcome to the Wong-Baker FACES Foundation.2016https://wongbakerfaces.orgDate accessed: November 8, 2021
- Resources/faces pain scale – revised.2021https://www.iasp-pain.org/resources/faces-pain-scale-revised/Date accessed: November 8, 2021
- The FLACC: a behavioral scale for scoring post-operative pain in young children.Paediatric Nurses. 1997; 23: 293-297
- Assessing pain in critically ill sedated patients by using a behavioral pain scale.Crit Care Med. 2001; 29: 2258-2263
- Validation of the critical-care pain observation tool in adult patients.Am J Crit Care. 2006; 15: 420-427
- The Abbey pain scale: a 1-minute numerical indicator for people with end-stage dementia.Int J Palliat Nurs. 2004; 10: 6-13
- Development and psychometric evaluation of the Pain Assessment in Advanced Dementia (PAINAD) scale.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2003; 4: 9-15
- Assessing pain control in nonverbal critically ill adults.Dimens Crit Care Nurs. 2003; 22: 260-267
- A study of the natural history of back pain. Part 1: development of a reliable and sensitive measure of disability in low back pain.Spine. 1983; 8: 141-144
- The Oswestry Disability Index.Spine. 2000; 25: 2940-2953
- Manual for the Beck Depression Inventory-II.Psychological Corporation, San Antonio, TX1996
The Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale Revised https://cesd-r.com (accessed Jan 6, 2022).
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- The pain catastrophising scale.1995https://eprovide.mapi-trust.org/instruments/pain-catastrophizing-scaleDate accessed: January 6, 2022
- The pain self-efficacy questionnaire: taking pain in to account.Eur J Pain. 2007; 11: 153-163
EuroQol Research Foundation. EQ-5D about. https://euroqol.org/eq-5d-instruments/eq-5d-5l-about/ (accessed October 26, 2021).
- A systematic review of evidence on the links between patient experience and clinical safety and effectiveness.BMJ Open. 2013; 3e001570
- Outcome measures.2019https://fpm.ac.uk/sites/fpm/files/documents/2019-07/Outcome%20measures%202019.pdfDate accessed: December 12, 2021